(You can find out much more about Jack & Delehey College Consulting, including how to sign up for a free one-on-one with Jack, on the new program-specific site: jackdelehey.com)
Jack, a Boston native and founder of Delehey College Consulting, has helped dozens of individuals with the college application and job search processes and has a high success rate supporting students who wish to get off the waitlist at their top-choice colleges and universities.
Jack has developed and refined his system for maximizing efficiency, productivity, and success by using the teachings of renowned authors like Cal Newport, Peter Kump, Dale Carnegie, Tim Ferriss, and others. Using these processes, Jack:
- Scored a 33 (99th percentile) on the ACT, including a perfect score (36) on the Math portion.
- Scored a 710 on the GMAT, and received a grade within the 99th percentile on the English portion.
- Doubled his reading speed from 300 WPM to 600 WPM while simultaneously increasing his retention rate – all within a three week period.
- Created, refined, submitted, and presented his self-created academic Major to Vanderbilt University where the Dean of Students accepted the Major, titled “Entrepreneurial Economics.”
- Received, and accepted, a highly competitive job offer from a well-respected consulting firm in the fall of his senior year of college, leaving plenty of time to cherish the last year of undergraduate endeavors (you can too).
- Founded Delehey Ventures Sports Agency, a branch of Delehey Consulting, to help high school, collegiate, and professional athletes maximize their recruiting potential and negotiation power.
- Vanderbilt University 2014 (Cum Laude), B.A., Entrepreneurial Economics; Nashville, TN
- Vanderbilt University Admissions tour guide; Nashville, TN
- Vanderbilt University CORPS (Commodore Recruitment Program) – Jack also received the honor of being selected as the alumnus interviewer for undergraduate candidates; Denver, CO (current)
- Founder, Delehey Ventures Sports Agency; Denver, CO (current)
- 2010 John F. Donovan Memorial Flag Award Winner: “Given to the best all-round young man in the graduating class who possesses the qualities of dependability, leadership, service, and patriotism to an outstanding degree”.
- 2010 Arthur Dulong Award: Top student athlete in the graduating class from Concord-Carlisle High School.
- 2012 Semester at Sea Merit Scholar
- Author of Senior Year Success: Self-help book designed to aid high school students academically and socially. (Currently in progress
Jack grew up in Concord, MA. He is the oldest of four children and the son of two incredible parents, Molly and Brent Delehey. From a young age, Jack excelled in academics and sports, rising to the top of his class in both areas.
In the spring of 2009, amidst a flurry of playoff lacrosse games, AP tests, chemistry labs, SAT and ACTs, and bleary-eyed late night studying, Jack decided there had to be a way to do it all while still getting proper sleep (which at the time, was the area of his life that was seriously lacking). Throughout the following summer, Jack studied dozens of books and articles on efficient study skills, speed reading, and overall success.
In the fall of 2009, Jack, a current senior at Concord-Carlisle High School, implemented efficiency tactics from the well-known authors Cal Newport, Peter Kump, and Dale Carnegie. He used their methods in addition to strategies he had perfected through trial and error. The result was a newfound level of social, academic, and athletic success – all with significant amounts of time for family, fun, and sleep.
In the spring of 2010, after a perfect 4.0 GPA fall academic semester and test scores in the 99th percentile, Jack applied to Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN where he was placed on the college waitlist. It was at this point in his life that Jack learned a valuable lesson – the waitlist is not a waiting game. With the support of his own college consultants, Jack used a series of tactics to demonstrate interest and was called off the waitlist on Day One.
Since that day, Jack has successfully helped dozens of individuals with the college application process, met with productivity gurus in person, and developed a system for efficiency, productivity, and success in many aspects of life including the college search and job search processes. It is his goal to pass on his knowledge, strategies, and unique perspective to others.